Software Upgrades: Please check our latest Download section.
Search Tip: You can increase the accuracy of your searches by using as many keywords as possible. Remove any common words such as "a", "or", "the" as they will be used in the search. Do not use any operands such as +, or quotation marks to enclose phrases.
How to solve TCP/IP problems when trying to connect to the 833 while using the manager.
Problems connecting to the RAS unit using the manager application can be network related or the wrong type of 833 Manager is installed.
The Perle 833's can be managed using TCP/IP or IPX/SPX. The Perle 833 Manager will autodetect the Perle over IPX/SPX if the unit has autodetected the Frame Type and Network Number correctly from the network. The Perle 833RAS and 833AS can be autodetected via TCP/IP on the local LAN segment.
- if the Perle has autodetected conflicting IPX/SPX network numbers then the Manager will fail to communicate to the unit properly.
- try configuring the Perle with an IP address and configure the workstation to support TCP/IP
- ensure that the unit has an IP address by viewing the config.
- verify the IP address from the front panel
Note: after configuring the IP address using the front panel on an 833RAS or 833AS, the unit must be rebooted. This is not required on the 833IS v7 units.
- test connectivity using ping
- If your are across a router you may wish to test the route using tracert [verify that the Perle has been configured with a default gateway.
- ensure that there is no IP address duplication. If there is a conflict then you will timeout while trying to access the Perle.
- ensure that the manager application is correct for the model of RAS that you are trying to access.
- 833AS manager version 6.xx (note this manager is also used on the OLD 833IS unit)
- 833IS manager version 7.xx
- 833 manager version 5.xx
- If you have installed the manager already you can verify by viewing the splash screen when the manager starts up or through Help -> About Perle RAS Manager
Note: older version 6.xx 833IS units cannot be used with the version 7.xx 833IS manager.
- try adding the IP unit to the server list which is accessible from the connect option from the main screen.
- For 833IS v7 units you must add the unit to the IP Address list. All other units will be autodetected by the Manager (unless the unit is across a router).
- After adding the unit then you may need to stop / start the Manager application.
- ensure the port speed of the hub matches the lan speed capabilities of the RAS unit
- The 833RAS is a 10Mb unit, the 833AS and 833IS units support 10/100 MB
- try to change hub/switch port characteristics full/half duplex 10/100 mb
- ensure that the mac address of the unit is recognizeable using arp -a or by viewing the mac table in the switch
- if the Perle is behind a Firewall then ensure the required UDP/TCP ports are open for communication [see link below for further information]
- reset the unit to factory default then re-define the ip address
- install the management software on another workstation
1.) What TCP/UDP ports are used for communication