Software Upgrades: Please check our latest Download section.
Search Tip: You can increase the accuracy of your searches by using as many keywords as possible. Remove any common words such as "a", "or", "the" as they will be used in the search. Do not use any operands such as +, or quotation marks to enclose phrases.
Visilink generates a TW32 Error when opening the session, or third party emulation software cannot open the Affinity 5250 PCI card.
Most common causes:
1. incomplete installation of hardware driver
2. older version of hardware driver
3. PCI card is in low memory
4. Visilink is installed and the wrong type of adapter is selected.
5. Resource problem with PCI bus.
Note: Affinity MicroPlus, Plug-n-Play, and PCMCIA cards are not supported on these operating systems.
1. Incompleted installation of hardware driver.
Check Windows Device Manager to verify the adapter installation.
Right Click on My Computer
Select Device Manager
1. there is no Affinity Systems 5250 Emulation Adapters -> Affinity Sytems 5250 Emulation card icon
2. an unknown PCI Simple Communications Controller is present
Double Click on PCI Simple Communications Card
Select Reinstall Driver
Search for a suitable driver
Specify the location as a:\ and put Disk 1 of either Step Saver 4.12 or Visilink 5.12 (if you have downloaded Step Saver 4.12 from the Perle website and have extracted the files you will specify the local path to the disk1 folder, example c:\steps412\disk1)
Complete the installation as instructed by Windows
If you do not have detection of a new device then ensure that the PC's PCI bus is compliant with PCI version 2.1 (5v support).
2. older version of hardware driverPrior to Stepsaver 4.12 or Visilink 5.12, Windows 2000/XP was not supported. To support these OS's you will need to update the twinax.sys file on the host.
Download the update from the link specified at the bottom of this page.
Copy the file into your //winnt/system32 directory if you have Windows 2000
or //windows/system32 if you have Windows XP
Copy over the existing file.
Note if you do not recieve a message stating that the file already exists then the hardware driver installation was not completed properly (see solution 1.)
Reboot the PC.
3. PCI card is using low memory
Device Mananager or Visilink Resources show card using memory address below Fxxxxxxx, example Memory Range: 000C8000 - 000C9FFF
The PCI Express cards have a Jumper labeled JP1. The jumper should be set to the lower pin position indicating High Memory.
The PCI card requires the usage of the DOS PCISET utility.
Boot the PC into DOS with either a MSDOS boot disk or a Windows 9x Emergency boot disk (Note: Windows XP can use the Format options to create an MS-DOS startup disk.).
Run pciset.exe from disk 1 of the Step Saver or Visilink package (if you have downloaded Step Saver 4.12 from the Perle website and have extracted the files specify the local path to the disk1 folder, example c:\steps412\disk1\pciset.exe)
Select High Memory with IRQ option
Reboot the host in normal mode
4. Reinstall Visilink and choose the PCI adapter type that matches the card
5. Shut down the host and move the Affinity PCI card to a different PCI slot on the motherboard. The system BIOS will allocate different resources.
Note: in some case's a TW32 error will occur if Visilink is started on Windows XP in native mode. See link below for changing the compatibility mode for Visilink on XP.
1.) Visilink fails to run on Windows XP
2.) Affinity PCI-5250 and Visilink installation for Windows2000
3.) Affinity PCI-5250 card and Visilink installation Windows XP
4.) Installing And Configuring The Affinity PCI Express card